Below is a collection of our disclosures. Click the “+” symbol next to a disclosure to read more.
Legal, Privacy, Copyright and Trademark Information
Use of this website is governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as by accessing this site you will be deemed to have agreed to them. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice to you, so we recommend that you review them regularly. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not use this site.
Limited license and use
The owner of this site (“Owner”) grants you a limited license to display the contents of this site on your computer or other electronic device you use to access this site, and print, download and use the materials on this site solely for informational purposes or to transact with the Owner, provided that the contents of the site are not modified in any way and that all copyright and other notices are maintained. You agree not to, directly or indirectly, attempt or actually disrupt, impair or interfere with, alter or modify this site or any of its content.
This site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide you with any personalized financial, insurance, legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice. You will not rely on this site as a substitute for independent research or for personal advice.
Nothing on this site constitutes an offer to buy or sell products or services of any third party. All products and services are subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable contracts and applicable laws. The products and services described on this site are available only in jurisdictions where they may be lawfully offered for sale. The Owner may only solicit the sale of financial products and services for which the Owner has been duly licensed in the jurisdiction in which the sale occurs.
The use and content of this site, including the terms and conditions of use, shall be governed by the laws of the state in which the Owner resides and you agree to attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
If you are accessing this site on behalf of another party, you confirm that you are authorized to do so, and agree you shall be liable and will indemnify and hold harmless the Owner in the event the party you are acting on behalf of claims you did not have such authority, or the information you submitted was inaccurate.
No endorsement or approval of any third party or their statements, opinions, information, products, or services is expressed or implied by the contents of this site. To the extent any third party opinions or information are included on this site, they are provided for convenience only and the Owner assumes no liability and does not approve or endorse such third party content, or warrant such content to be accurate, complete, reliable, verified, error free, or fit for any purpose.
The Owner may utilize third party service providers to provide certain tools and/or programs, some of which may be housed on a third party server or on a site which has been independently developed by others. As such, while accessing this site you may be linked to such other third party servers. Access to other sites or use of any third party tools or programs on this site are subject to all terms and conditions found therein.
This site, in whole or in part, may periodically be unavailable to you in order to allow for maintenance or updates, or due to other causes, including causes beyond the control of the Owner. Further, any or all of the services on this site may change at any time, with or without notice to you.
Privacy and Confidentiality
You acknowledge that the Owner collects and uses personal information for purposes of providing the services described on this site. The Owner is committed to respecting the privacy and confidentiality of information in accordance with applicable law. The Owner has established and will continue to maintain appropriate safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. However, you acknowledge and confirm that the Internet is not a secure medium where privacy and confidentiality can be guaranteed and that complete security and confidentiality of transmissions to and from this site over the Internet is not possible at this time. Your confidential use of the site cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that your use of the site (including information you transmit to the site) may be subject to access or manipulation by, or disclosure to, third parties. Without limiting any other disclaimer herein, neither the Owner nor any third party shall be responsible or liable for any damages that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any such breach of privacy, confidentiality or security. If you are provided with a user name and password to access any part of this site, you agree to be liable for all uses of your user name and password, including unauthorized use without your consent and you acknowledge that the Owner shall not be responsible to confirm the actual identity or authority of any user. Instructions provided pursuant to such user name and password shall constitute sufficient authority to the Owner to execute any transactions directed there under. You agree to notify the Owner immediately should the confidentiality of your user name and password be in jeopardy.
The security of e-mail communication cannot be guaranteed at this time. Any person wishing to communicate or send information of a private or confidential nature to the Owner is encouraged to do so by other means.
This site has been developed by and is the property of the Owner. All information and materials contained on this site are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property laws of the United States, and are the property of their respective owner(s). Subject to the limited license to use this site as described above, no person may copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish in any form, or link to this site or its contents in any manner whatsoever, including by way of hyperlinks or framing, unless that person has obtained the prior written consent of the Owner. Any infringement of the rights of the Owner may result in appropriate legal action.
The Owner owns or has obtained the right to use by license or otherwise the trademarks, logos and domain names used on or in connection with the goods and services that it provides and displays on this site. The trademarks are protected by the United States trademark laws. All rights reserved. The display of trademarks on this site shall not in any way be construed as an implied license to use such trademarks. Any third-party marks are used with permission or under license.
While information posted on this site is believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of posting, the Owner does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the information contained on this site is accurate, complete, reliable, verified, error free, or fit for any purpose.
Nothing on this site forms a contract, or a part of any contract, other than as it relates to the use of this site or as may be expressly provided. In the event of a conflict between the information contained on this site and the terms contained in any products or services offered by the Owner or a third party, the terms contained in any document detailing such product or service will prevail.
Neither the Owner or any third party, make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the usability or condition of this site, that this site will operate uninterrupted or error free, or that this site will operate in combination with any services or software used in connection therewith or that it shall be viewed consistently with all browser software or that any communication transmitted to or from this site is private, confidential or secure.
The Owner expressly disclaims all representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, the warranties and conditions of merchantable quality and fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, timeliness, security or accuracy, and any representations, warranties or conditions that may arise from a course of dealing or usage of trade.
You assume full responsibility for risk of loss of any nature whatsoever resulting from your use of this site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that neither the Owner or any third party, shall be liable to you for loss of data, computer time or any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising out of or attributable in any manner whatsoever to your use or inability to use this site for any reason whatsoever or to any action or inaction on the part of the Owner or for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, even if the Owner has been advised of the possibility thereof, including but not limited to lost profits, lost opportunities or business revenues, loss of goodwill, or failure to realize expected savings.
This site may contain links to other sites which sites are not maintained or controlled in any way by the Owner. Links to any such sites that are not maintained or controlled by the Owner are provided for convenience only and are not to be construed as an endorsement by the Owner or any other party of the products, services, advice or opinions or any other content of such sites. Access to or use of sites to which links are provided are subject to the terms and conditions of such sites. You are fully responsible for any use that you make of the content contained in such sites and you are solely responsible for the consequences of any use of or reliance on such content.
All e-mails sent to or from this e-mail system are subject to archiving, monitoring and review by corporate personnel.
This e-mail contains information from Certified Financial Group, Inc. or its member companies that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended solely for the recipient and use by any other party is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (800-393-9900) or by responding to this e-mail.
Certified Advisory Corp offers Financial Planning and Asset Management; Certified Benefits Corp offers Employee Benefit Planning; TransAm Securities, Inc. offer Securities, member FINRA, SIPC. Investments are offered only by prospectus, which should be read thoroughly upon receipt. Investments are not FDIC insured, may lose value and are not bank guaranteed. Returns on investments cited are historical and past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
The following companies are not affiliated with Certified Financial Group, Inc. or its member companies: Associated Planners Group, Inc., The Bernier Group, Center for Financial Management, Inc., and Summerlin Financial Advisors, Inc.
Please be advised that trading instructions received via e-mail may not be acted upon in a timely manner.
By allowing receipt of this e-mail, you are consenting to this form of communication with us. Please note that e-mails may not be as secure as other forms of communication. You may withdraw your consent at any time by e-mailing Plan@FinancialGroup.com or calling 800-393-9900. Thank You.
Business Continuity Plan
Certified Financial Group, Certified Advisory Corp, Certified Benefits Corp, and Certified Insurance Corp, hereafter referred to as “The Companies,” have developed a Business Continuity Plan on how we will respond to events that significantly disrupt our business. Since the timing and impact of disasters and disruptions is unpredictable, we will have to be flexible in responding to actual events as they occur.
Contacting Us – If after a significant business disruption you cannot contact us as you usually do at 407-869-9800, 800-393-9900, or at Plan@FinancialGroup.com, you should call our alternative numbers: 407-310-0801, 321-356-8008 or 407-376-2840. If you cannot access us through this means, you should contact the custodians, investment companies or other third parties that sponsor your investments through us. Their toll free phone numbers are shown on your statements you receive periodically from them.
A copy of the entire plan is made available upon written request addressed to Chief Compliance Officer at 1111 Douglas Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714.
Code of Ethics
Certified Advisory Corp, and its advisors have adopted a written Code of Ethics. This document is available upon request by writing to the CCO at 1111 Douglas Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
The following privacy statement is issued by Certified Financial Group, Inc. (“CFG”), Certified Advisory Corp (“CAC”), Certified Benefits Corp (“CBC”), and Certified Insurance Corp (“CIC”). Hereinafter referred to as “The Companies”.
Information about you is collected for purposes of administering your account or accounts with us. Information about you is collected for specific business purposes and not for resale or transfer to third parties. The information collected, the source of the information and the purpose it is used for are explained below. If you close your account or it becomes inactive, The Companies will adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
Nonpublic personal information is collected and retained by The Companies for purposes of administering your account. It is not furnished to third parties for any purpose other than to administer the account. The information collected can be summarized as follows:
Account Establishment Information.
This information is furnished by you on forms creating your account with The Companies. Examples are your name and address, Social Security number and beneficiary designations (if applicable).
Account Transaction Information.
This includes information obtained from you and the various entities that comprise the assets in your account. It includes correspondence and phone contacts with us concerning the account, account assets and our services. If the account was transferred from another financial institution, it may contain records from that institution.
Nonpublic Information that is Disclosed
All information in your account may be disclosed to any person or entity you have authorized pursuant to your account establishment documents. In addition, information may be disclosed to affiliated or non-affiliated third parties to further your goals in establishing an account with The Companies. Categories of information that are disclosed are as follows:
Examples of this information include your name, address and Social Security or tax identification number.
Examples include your directives to purchase or sell an asset in your account and the receipt of income to the account or distributions from the account.
Parties To Whom The Companies May Disclose Nonpublic Information
The Companies may disclose both identification and transaction information to third parties for the following reasons:
Financial Services Providers.
Examples are custodians, brokers, transfer agents, mutual fund companies or other representatives of the seller or purchaser of the asset or a firm that provides valuations for securities.
Examples are companies that mail reports and prospectuses to you, statement printers and tax form providers. The Companies do not disclose nonpublic personal information about our clients to any party except as permitted by law; however, clients understand that CAC Investment Advisory Representatives are independent contractors. In opening accounts, Investment Advisory Representatives have access to your nonpublic personal information, e.g., social security number, driver’s license number, address, etc. If the Investment Advisory Representative leaves the firm, the firm’s policy is to maintain the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information. If you choose to opt-out of this policy, you must notify the firm’s Chief Compliance Officer in writing.
How The Companies Protect the Confidentiality of Your Nonpublic Personal Information
The Companies value the trust you place in them. To maintain that trust, safeguards are in place to protect the privacy of your nonpublic personal information. Your information is not sold or traded to other companies. When information is provided to third party providers to service the account, safeguards are in place to make certain that the information is used only for the purpose it is provided.
Internally, The Companies maintain records on secured computers. Prospective employees are screened for criminal convictions and drug use. Once hired, employees are advised of The Companies privacy policies and of the confidential nature of the information they handle. Employees are limited to accessing only that customer information that is necessary to perform their job functions.
The Companies consider privacy a fundamental right of clients and take seriously the obligation to safeguard client information. Although electronic mail (e-mail) may not be as secure as other forms of communication, unless otherwise stipulated via written instructions from the client, The Companies will utilize e-mail as a form of communication with the client. All notices and other communications shall be deemed duly provided if sent via e-mail to the client’s e-mail address currently on file. The client is reminded to update The Companies regarding changes to this information.
If you chose to terminate your relationship with us or become an inactive customer, we will adhere to our privacy policies, which may be amended from time to time.
For questions concerning this policy, please contact us by calling 407-869-9800 or writing to: Privacy Management, c/o Certified Financial Group, Inc., 1111 Douglas Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714.
- Certified Advisory Corp offers Financial Planning and Asset Management. Certified Benefits Corp offers Employee Benefits Consulting. Certified Insurance Corp offers Insurance Planning.
- Information on this website is directed toward U.S. residents only.
- Certified Advisory Corp is a Registered Investment Advisor with the Securities Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and only transacts business in states where it is properly registered, or is excluded or exempted from registration requirements.
- SEC registration does not constitute an endorsement of the firm by the Commission nor does it indicate that the adviser has attained a particular level of skill or ability.
- Information throughout this site, whether stock quotes, charts, articles or any other statement or statements regarding market or other financial information, is obtained from sources we believe to be actual and up-to-date; however, we do not guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of same. The information should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the authors as of the date of publication and are subject to change.
- Neither we, nor our information providers, shall be liable for any errors or inaccuracies, regardless of cause, or the lack of timeliness of, or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the user. There are no warranties expressed or implied as to the accuracy, completeness, or results obtained from any information posted on this or any linked website.
- Hyperlinks on this website are provided as a convenience and we disclaim any responsibility for information, services or products found on websites linked hereto.
- Information on this website is not an offer to buy or sell, or a solicitation of any offer to buy or sell the securities, products or investment advisory services mentioned herein.
- Information on this website does not constitute a complete description of our services.
- Nothing on this website should be interpreted to state or imply that past results are an indication of future performance. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that the future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy, or product made reference to directly or indirectly on this website, or indirectly via hyperlink to any unaffiliated third- party website, will be profitable or equal to past performance levels.
- Information on this website does not involve the rendering of personalized investment advice, but is limited to the dissemination of general information on products and services. A professional advisor should be consulted before implementing any of the options presented.
- All investment strategies have the potential for profit or loss. Changes in investment strategies, contributions or withdrawals may materially alter the performance, strategy and results of your portfolio. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will either be suitable or profitable for a client’s investment portfolio.
- Examples of financial planning advice given to clients are offered for the sole purpose of explaining how our process works and how we counsel individuals. These examples should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client. It is unknown if the clients referred to in these examples approve or disapprove of the firm’s services.
- The tax, legal and estate planning information on this website is general in nature. It is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal or tax advice. Always consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific legal or tax situation.
- Third-party rankings and recognition from rating services or publications are no guarantee of future investment success, nor does it indicate that an advisor has attained a particular level of skill or ability. Working with a highly-rated advisor does not ensure that a client or prospective client will experience a higher level of performance or results. These ratings should not be construed as an endorsement of the advisor by any client nor are they representative of any one client’s evaluation.
- Clicking the “LIKE” button on Facebook does not constitute a testimonial for or endorsement of Certified Advisory Corp or any of its investment advisor representatives. This is the only mechanism available to circulate our Facebook page. “LIKE” is not meant in the traditional sense.
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
The CFP® is a professional certification granted in the United States by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (“CFP Board”). The CFP® certification is a voluntary certification; no federal or state law or regulation requires financial planners to hold CFP® certification. It is recognized in the United States and a number of other countries for its (1) high standard of professional education; (2) stringent code of conduct and standards of practice; and (3) ethical requirements that govern professional engagements with clients. Currently, more than 62,000 individuals have obtained CFP® certification in the United States. To attain the right to use the CFP® marks, an individual must satisfactorily fulfill the following requirements:
- Education – Complete an advanced college-level course of study addressing the financial planning subject areas that CFP Board’s studies have determined as necessary for the competent and professional delivery of financial planning services, and attain a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited United States college or university (or its equivalent from a foreign university). CFP Board’s financial planning subject areas include insurance planning and risk management, employee benefits planning, investment planning, income tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning;
- Examination – Pass the comprehensive CFP®Certification Examination. The examination, administered in 10 hours over a two-day period, includes case studies and client scenarios designed to test one’s ability to correctly diagnose financial planning issues and apply one’s knowledge of financial planning to real world circumstances;
- Experience – Complete at least three years of full-time financial planning-related experience (or the equivalent, measured as 2,000 hours per year); and
- Ethics – Agree to be bound by CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct, a set of documents outlining the ethical and practice standards for CFP®professionals.
Individuals who become certified must complete the following ongoing education and ethics requirements in order to maintain the right to continue to use the CFP® marks:
- Continuing Education – Complete 30 hours of continuing education hours every two years, including two hours on the Code of Ethics and other parts of the Standards of Professional Conduct, to maintain competence and keep up with developments in the financial planning field; and Ethics – Renew an agreement to be bound by the Standards of Professional Conduct. The Standards prominently require that CFP®professionals provide financial planning services at a fiduciary standard of care. This means CFP®professionals must provide financial planning services in the best interests of their clients. CFP® professionals who fail to comply with the above standards and requirements may be subject to CFP Board’s enforcement process, which could result in suspension or permanent revocation of their CFP® certification.
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
The AIF® designation certifies that the recipient has specialized knowledge of fiduciary standards of care and their application to the investment management process. To receive the AIF® designation, individuals must complete a training program, successfully pass a comprehensive, closed-book final examination under the supervision of a proctor and agree to abide by the AIF® Code of Ethics. In order to maintain the AIF® designation, the individual must annually renew their affirmation of the AIF® Code of Ethics and complete six hours of continuing education credits. The certification is administered by the Center for Fiduciary Studies, LLC, a Fiduciary360 (Fi360) company.
National Social Security AdvisorSM (NSSA®)
The NSSA designation certifies that the recipient has specialized knowledge of the Social Security options available to couples and individuals, as well as Medicare and SSI. The National Social Security Association, LLC provides certification and sets the guidelines. In order to maintain the NSSA designation, the individual must attain 16 hours of continuing education credit with this field of study every two years.