Choosing A Certified Financial Planner
10 Questions You Should Ask Your Financial Planner
- Are you certified as a financial planner by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards?
- Are you always a fiduciary and will you state that in writing?
- Do you participate in any sales contests or award programs creating incentives to favor particular vendors?
- Will you itemize all your fees and expenses in writing?
- Will you tell me about your conflicts of interest, both orally and in writing?
- Do you or your firm earn fees as advisor to a private fund or other investments that you may recommend to me?
- Do you focus solely on investment management, or do you also advise on taxes, estates and retirement, budgeting and debt management, and insurance?
- Do you earn fees for referring clients to specialists like estate attorneys or insurance agents?
- What is your investment philosophy?
- Do you personally have a succession plan?
The Certified Difference! ®
Working as an independent firm our Certified Financial Planner® professionals are experienced, knowledgeable and focused on You.
That’s The Certified Difference!®