Predicting the next 30 years
Let’s say that 30 years ago you meet a fortune teller and ask him to predict the future.
The soothsayer predicts that in the next three decades there will be:
- The worst attack on U.S. soil since World War II – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks
- An oil price increase to almost $190 per barrel – https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart
- A nationwide housing & mortgage crisis- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis
- The first global pandemic in 100 years – https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/pdfs/1918-pandemic-webinar.pdf
- And the highest inflation rate in 40 years – https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/
Upon hearing that news, how would you react?
Would it change the way you invest?
Odds are you may have found it challenging to be completely confident in the stock market.
However, if you would have invested $100,000 at the beginning of 1992 in the S&P 500, you would have $1.66M by September 2022, with a return of 1,561.38%
While we don’t have an actual fortune teller to predict the future for us, there will always be new things to worry about ahead.
Successful investors know to stick with their financial plan, even when scary times appear because there will always be another “scary time”.
Are you considering putting your investments on hold?
Contact us today to discuss.