Article originally published on: https://wallethub.com/
Super Bowl LVII (57) will crown either the Philadelphia Eagles or the Kansas City Chiefs as champions of the National Football League’s 102nd season. This will be the fourth Super Bowl for the Eagles, who achieved their first victory in 2018. On the other side, this is the fifth time the Chiefs have made it to the Super Bowl, with the team having taken home the trophy in 1970 and 2020. With these teams having both proven themselves in recent years, it’s sure to be an exciting game for the fans.
It’s no wonder why millions of people will tune in to this big sporting event on television. But the fact that we’ll again consume more than a billion chicken wings while watching billions of dollars’ worth of commercials with a bit of football mixed in might just boggle your mind. And if you want interesting Super Bowl facts, we’ve got plenty more where that came from.
Only time will tell which team will come out on top this year. But we can certainly get you prepared for the action in the meantime. Below, you’ll find an awesome infographic with our favorite Super Bowl LVII fun facts, plus a Q&A with a panel of sports business experts. Enjoy the game!
Top 5 Super Bowl Facts for 2023:
- $6,382: The average cost of a ticket to the past five Super Bowls.
- $5,738: Lowest price of a Super Bowl LVII ticket on the resale market just after the conference championships (35% increase from 2022).
- $1B: Estimated economic impact for the greater Phoenix area economy in 2023.
- 17.8M: Americans plan to watch the game at a bar or restaurant.
- 204%: 20-year increase in the cost of a 30-second Super Bowl ad (hitting a record cost of $7 million for a spot in 2023).