Gary Abely, CFP®, AIF®, CPA
Gary Abely, CFP®, AIF®, CPA has been a financial planning professional since 1990. He is a Certified Financial Planner™ professional and an Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®). He is also a Certified Public Accountant and an Investment Advisory Representative of Certified Advisory Corp, a Registered Investment Advisor.
Gary graduated Summa Cum Laude from Arizona State University in 1987 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. He became a CPA in 1988 and a CFP® professional in 1995. After working for the CPA firm, Arthur Andersen & Co., out of college, Gary opened a private financial planning and accounting firm in 1990.
As a graduate of the AIF® program, Gary is specially trained in investment fiduciary responsibility and portfolio management. He offers three services to individual and business clients: Asset Management, ERISA 3(38) investment management services for 401(k) and other retirement plans, and general financial planning to individuals and couples.
He is keen on explaining to his clients, “It’s not what you make, but what you keep that matters”, emphasizing tax efficient portfolio asset allocation strategies.
Gary also holds a Life and Health Insurance and Variable Annuities license with the State of Florida.
Gary grew up in Winter Park, Florida, has twin daughters and resides in Longwood, Florida.
Learn About Another CFP® Professional
- Aaron J. Bert, CFP®, AIF®
- Joseph F. Bert, CFP®, AIF®
- Charles Curry, CFP®, AIF®, MBA
- Nancy Hecht, CFP®, AIF®
- Roger Johnson, CFP®, AIF®
- Denise Kovach, CFP®, AIF®
- Rodney Ownby, CFP®, AIF®, CPA
- Barry M. Smith, CFP®, AIF®
- Wynn Smith, CFP®, AIF®, MBA
- Justin Spitler, CFP®, AIF®
- Harry Stadelmayer, CFP®, AIF®
- Chris Toadvine, CFP®, MS
- Todd J. Tocco, CFP®, AIF®
Meet Gary's Team
Justin Spitler, CFP®, AIF®
- Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Investment Monitoring
- Mutual Fund Share Class Monitoring
- Variable Annuities – Allocation, Monitoring, and Servicing
- Non-traded REIT Monitoring and Servicing
- Non-managed account servicing
- New Account and Rollover Forms
- Client Requests for Tax Documents, Quarterly Reports, etc.
- Scheduling Assistance
- Change of Address/Contact Information
- Beneficiary Updates
- Annuity Service Assistant